MCS canary's comparisons concerning personal experiences in for cleaner air visited countries
The Piracanga area is splendid with its very varied vegetation on the beach, along the river, in the dunes and in the native wood more inland. In generally I feel better then in the previous four visited countries (Vancouver Island, Canada, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Mauritius) at least when I protect myself by gas filters before meeting fragrant people and before inhaling polluted air by other causes. For me it is special that here I get no muscle pains by repeating and continued efforts which I had at least in the last three visited countries and earlier in the Netherlands when I did not (yet) use gas filters.
Especially in March and April when the wind came from the sea side, I felt very well on the Piracanga beach and in the native wood. Disappointing is that since a period I get exhausted between 8 and 16 after little efforts accompanied by tension in my body and during wind from the south which blows over land, frequently also a burning skin sensation of which I know as possible causes for me: exhibition to wood smoke, diesel fume, moulds, exhaust of burning natural gas, strong fragrance; and that I often feel "drunk" when I walk and that I mostly have a sore throat and still chronic mouth pain dating from a couple months before I left the Netherlands. It appears difficult to retrieve where my body especially reacts on. According to a SCIO- (bio resonance) device I get consults with here, I'm sensitive for almost everything.
My condition can also be deteriorated by for example if I have eaten a minimal dose of gluten while enjoying meals in the restaurant where contamination with cereals containing food is very difficult to avoid (I also have celiac disease) or my vegetarian diet since 17 May 2009 and/or from eating only raw food
(with some exceptions: a couple time fish in a restaurant.
Dr. Rae, MCS specialist, Dallas, US, advices MCS sufferers to eat at least 200 grams of animal food a day…)
or by too fast or too much slimming or partly by nibbling too much honey and natural cane sugar (hypoglycaemia) and maybe by a lack of enough variation in food.
The same instable feeling I remind from 2004 when I still now and than could function without breath protection device. At that time it happened near newly built premises and later in Thailand and on Sri Lanka when there was much wood smoke and after exhibition to airplane exhaust gas in Holland of which I got more serious balance impairments. Large airplanes here only come over on a very high altitude and the nearest airport is in Ilheus, 60 km south and only sometimes there is smoke and in a small amount. Therefore I draw the provisional conclusion that here it's caused by evaporating gasses from rather fresh construction and refinishing materials because further away from buildings the shaky feeling frequently diminishes or disappears.
I like to live in the Piracanga eco village in gestation because of the pleasant climate, the beautiful nature and because of my wish to live in a as much as possible self containing community with kind people who are interfered in interesting initiatives and where are many exciting possibilities and developments. Nevertheless I want to let open chances to discover if somewhere else I can get back my normal energy and feel healthy.
Because, and that is remarkable: after my stay in Thailand where I was more exhausted then I’m here in Brazil, back in Nederland, by total and continuous breath protection, for the first time in the then 20 years of my ailment I had normal energy again. And that in spite of the incurred chronic ailments and the acute complaints by the Amsterdam exhibitions.
5 countries I visited since 2003 when the air pollution in Europe was worse then ever. There is the number 7 which can procure the feeling of "enough" and maybe more the idea to be in the position to take a well founded decision. Therefore possibly I still will visit the region Aragon in the Spanish Pyrenees where near Benasque, Huesca a village especially for people with MCS is planned and/or North Norway where a fellow-MCS-sufferer's health has improved so well that he can dig in the soil of his garden and perhaps also an eco village in the subtropical climate in the inland of North Argentina.
And who knows !:
Suggestions for other spots are welcome and also: a co traveller!
Thanks and greetings, MirjamPiracanga7-8-9
smells
Examples of getting pain and feeling sick from exposures to toxic gasses in the Piracanga area when I was without breath protection device: Synthetic perfume smell: from 4 to 24 hours. Just a little bit from sunscreen/suntan stuff from 10 meters away: 24 hours. Fresh deodorant smell transported by the wind from around 15 meters distance: 48 hours. Near smell of just used synthetic shampoo: at least 60 hours. Diesel exhaust: during 72 hours feeling of suffocation after every little exposure to any kind of smell. Strong deodorant smell in a bit closed area: only being able to get better and sleep after hanging outside all the cloths I wear and my head covered by a thick cotton bonnet to avoid inhaling if I cannot wash my hair directly. And with my breath protection device in use: particulate matter from the tractor diesel fume when it's rather near causes a “burning skin” feeling which normally not happens with diesel consuming engines which contain less or no particles.
wood, smoke and plastics
Here in the Piracanga area I think I still not get bothered by wood smoke from the sauna fire or the pizza oven or from outside sources but I know I have to be very careful to avoid to inhale it. Because out of my own experiences and also because of what I know from fellow-MCS-sufferers. Example: the above mentioned friend who escaped to North Norway will as soon as possible move to a then own tiny Lofoten island and live there together with his wife literally isolated because at the coast where they stays nowadays the only very now and then present wood smoke transported by the wind from a house at 300 meter distance makes him very ill. Beside for smoke he is also very sensitive to wood and plastics. I’m happy I do not (yet) react to these last two to which gasses I’m exposed almost constantly. This can change in a way that I’m not able anymore to protect myself by my plastic device. In my native country which is Nederland, known to be the most (by more then 100.000 V.O.C.’s, volatile organic compounds) polluted in the world, it would than be impossible for me to go around anymore by the severe ailments I would get without breath protection. If then I still tolerate materials from which an overpressure causing gas filtering installation is made, I would have to stay always inside an apartment mostly made of glass, steel or porcelain with this machine continuously working to clean the from outside pulled in air. I hope my doctors will say that the Piracanga area can or still better: will be a good shelter for and: I wish that the Piracanga habitants will be careful with me. Thanks! XX Mirjam
about MCS
Because of MCS being a detoxification problem it means that when a sufferer for the first time after a certain period again gets exposed to a kind of toxic gas she or he often does not react with symptoms.
This in contrast to what occurs when it would be an allergy and to what most regular doctors who never learned about MCS expect:
namely a “Pavlov reaction”
Having MCS means:
storing chemicals in the body.
My examples:
in Thailand in the first period after freeing myself from nine months wearing my helmet and pump with gas filters I enjoyed the smell of laundry detergent fragrance but after some time I got breathing difficulties by it and pains and all of the sudden to me it appeared as sharp and was not at all pleasant any more.
And in Brazil:
during the first two days after arriving in a nice garden house in Salvador rather near the ocean and far from traffic and factories, I was glad to be fine without my device and that I tolerated the smell of a perfumated soap.
The third day I regretted my trust to inhale it: it then caused pain for at least ten hours.
special effects of food supplements
When I got chronical fatigue (ME) together with MCS I had repetative thoughts and after I told about these to my physician I took a period Vitamine B6 pills which made them disapear within a short time. Later I saw a moving movie about a severely autistic boy who was not able to speak and nevertheless learned by himself to read and with the physical help from his mother use the computer. When on his way he looked and behaved "crazy" : slapping and biting himself and showing different other compulsive behaviours. Then in "What doctors don't tell you" http://www.wddty.com/ I read an article telling that autistic persons after B6 suppletion started to speak for the first time in their lifes.
In the early MCS+ME years I could not interact normally: I felt an enourmous tension when I road my bicycle because I could not react well at the traffic around me.
I remember that during taking part in a course the teacher a certain moment making movements before my eyes and I answered his "are you present?" or something like that:
"I know I cannot contact well but am not able to do better" After only three weeks of taking a lecithine supplement I was n't a zombie anymore and my doctor after he did an electro acupuncture test exclaimed: "how your central nervous system has improved!"
Carnitine (the brand Carnitene from Sigma Tao) for me is another amazing supplement and this one working on fat metabolism in the cells without which my muscles and brains would n't function well.
It's said to help against collagene deteriorating too. According to my doctor the only supplement I cannot do without. A warning: same like a companion I get painful bleedings near joints when I take too much of it.
Mentioned supplements are tested to be good for me and may have adverse effects to others.
marinated in "vinagre di vino tinto"
8 cockroaches which before were living in my litttle "cabana" offered their marinated bodies by jumping in a glass third full of wine vinegar (aceto Balsamico di Modena) Feeling not so desperate for animal proteins I did put them on the compost heap…
piracanga bananas
Grey water gets poored in circles consisting meanly of banana and permaculture wise also other plants around a big 1 meter deap half spheric hole covered with a clay layer and filled with composting organic stuff.
To clean toilets' waste water are in use rows of connected cement tanks till their upper edge immersed in the soil: in every next one the nutriments get more adsorbed meanly by banana and also by other plants like a deep rooting grass from India till the remains disperse totally clear in the sand.
More and more Piracangeans choose for a dry toilet (bins with excrements with layers of wood dust
(and the urine in another recipient)) to avoid using too much water and drying out the soil. The mixture composts so fast at the high temperature in the sun which has to be 80 degrees Celsius, that after some months it can be used to grow plants with.
PS:
This blog is installed in a way that it cannot be found by search machines. It's meant for Piracanga insiders insight and for people and organisations especially interested in the matter. It can be opened by everyone by clicking on ABOUT ME which gives a list of all my blogs and shows my email address. MR
call for company
In September 2010 I intend to travel from Piracanga, Bahia, Brasil to Argentina to visit one or more eco villages in subtropical climate. Who may like to spend a period in Piracanga and then travel together? Cheap solutions are possible: to sleep in a hut or tent and to travel by comfortable sleep-in busses. This plan can also be changed in: to meet eachother in Argentina between January and March 2011 and then travel to Piracanga. To walk with we can put our luggage on the metal cross of a foldable buggy I own. The type which normally gets used to transport children. It's strong enough to carry about 50 kilo.
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten